Friday, March 03, 2006

Addendum

The Paul Simon lyric du jour:

"I was 21 years when I wrote this song,
I'm 22 now but I won't be for long,
Time hurries on
and the leaves that are green turn to brown."

-- from "Leaves that are Green"

I honor of this Lenten season, I decided to give up something sacred and precious to my being, something that has been the reason for my rising in the morning and solace on dark and lonesome nights.

O! Coffee! How I miss thee! You have to understand that coffee is one of my many vices, but unlike beer, I need coffee to wake up in the morning. I need coffee to kick start my neural network, to form the synapses critical to healthy mental functioning. If I could walk around all day with coffee in an IV, I probably would. Coffee is the sweet nectar of the gods, the heavenly ambrosia which I crave.

And this is part of the reason why my last post was so gloomy. Sorry... I'm really jonesing for a cuppa joe and its beginning to permeate my psyche. O Lord, grant me strength!

2 comments:

bcdees47 said...

Wow. I wish thee good luck with thy noble endeavor. Just remember: there are other things out there that contain caffeine. Like caffeine pills. And caffeinated soap.

Anonymous said...

miss kemp, my dear miss kemp, grant tried to keep your call from me but he can't keep secrets from me, he is simple minded and i can read him like the pamplet he is. so how are you? i hear lovely as ever, did god put a more beautiful creature on this earth than you? don't answer that was rhetorical! i had a dream last night where you offered to comb me, and clean the debris from me, let us make it so, miss kemp, i don't need to spell this out, let's get it done. good night miss kemp, sweet dreams, and pleasant tomorrow.
the beard, don't tell monica, it might fuck up my chances to go with her to the death cab show, between you and i, ok, or if you want i can please you both, i am alot of beard to go around. ciao bella, again the beard.