Saturday, April 29, 2006

Mere's Summer BookList Extravaganza!

As audacious and ambitious as it may seem, I plan to do a lot of reading this summer. In an effort to organize my thoughts, here is my proposed book list thus far. Paps and I are going to see who can read the most books this summer--wish me luck!

Dogmatics in Outline, Karl Barth

Letters and Papers from Prison, Dietrich Bonhoeffer

On the Road, Jack Kerouac [which I will read when I go home]

The Chronicles of Narnia, C.S. Lewis [time to read them all, not just my three "favorites"]

The Crucified God, Jurgen Moltmann

...something by Chuck Palahniuk...[perhaps Fight Club?]

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, Robert Pirsig

The Grapes of Wrath, John Steinbeck [it's a summer tradition for me to read this book]

The Preaching Life, Barbara Brown Taylor

The New Being, Paul Tillich

The Courage to Be, Tillich [which I sorta-kinda read this semester, but I want to read it straight through this time]





4 comments:

astrocero said...

prehaps there is room for the feminine mystique by frieddan? and if i may offer up anything by hakura murakami.

McKnitter said...

There's always room for Feminine Mystique!

bcdees47 said...

Yaaaay Chuck Palahniuk. Fight Club is very good, much better than the movie, albeit without Brad Pitt. His latest non-fiction collection, Stranger than Fiction, is also quite good and full of very odd stories. Also, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance is great. I read it my senior year of high school and it changed my life. Looks like a great reading list; good luck!

Kendra said...

hmm, i think i'm going to read more people magazine....but that's just me.

PS what are you doing Wednesday? I forgot to send you an email, i still can, but i'm having the feminist/christian dialogue-gathering.