Wednesday, December 14, 2005

And then there was one...

Three, count ‘em, three finals down and only one more remains!

My theology final this morning was fairly successful. I learned that much can be accomplished if you drink enough coffee to kill a lab rat and consume multiple Krispy Kreme donuts. The sugar and caffeine alone were enough to let my mind race for approximately 85% of my test this morning. I was able to pull 11 ¼ pages (double-spaced) of theological “knowledge” out of my ass, which, I must admit, is a new Meredith record.

My exam was coherent and, at times, slightly humorous. I attempted to weave together sound theological thought with levity, although there was probably more levity than brevity, if you understand my meaning. If Cindy Rigby is going to have to grade a million Systematic Theology I exams, then the least I can do is make sure my test is enjoyable for her to read. Various examples I used to illustrate complex theological concepts include, but are not limited to: references to Zeppo of the Marx brothers, Spiderman, the theology of Meredith as a 5 year-old, a quote from my mother, and several vague references to the book of Ecclesiastes.

If there is one thing I enjoy doing, it is pontificating. If there is anything else I could possibly enjoy more than pontificating, then it is using eclectic examples to illustrate a point.

One more hurdle awaits: the dreaded history final. Kyrie Eleison!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Fuck Yeah, on Spiderman.

Monica said...

don't ever quit pontificating...monica

Unknown said...

I enjoy the pontification...can one pontificate till it hurts?