Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Announcing...


Announcing a new service of this blog: the Paul Simon lyric of the day! Now you, too, can meditate and ponder the lyrics of my favorite singer/songwriter. [I realize, of course, that if you are not already a Paul Simon afficionado, the meaning behind these lyrics may seem lost, to which, I respond: Get over it! Go out, now....no, NOW and purchase a Paul Simon CD. Your life will be all the better for it!. Ok, sermon ends here]

The Paul Simon lyric du jour:

Some people never say the words, "I love you:"
It's not their style to be so bold.
Some people never say the words, "I love you,"
but like a child, they're longing to be told.

--from "Something So Right"

5 comments:

bcdees47 said...

Question concerning this new feature: does this include songs featuring collaboration with one Art Garfunkel, or only solo material?

astrocero said...

do you do requests?

McKnitter said...

The Paul Simon Lyric du jour will also include stuff from his days with Art Garfunkel. When I hear "Bridge Over Troubled Water," I tend to get a little misty eyed...(yes, I'm a sap).

And, Grant, I totally take requests...

Monica said...

seriously, i want to request lyrics from culture club...

astrocero said...

Do you really want to hurt me
Do you really want to make me cry