Thursday, February 02, 2006

Typhoid Mary

Day two of the illness rages on...as I write this, I am a little doped up on some serious over-the-counter meds, so I am sorry if this post is semi-incoherent.

Feel a little better today, but not much. I was feeling a little stir-crazy this morning, so I happily visited the neighborhood CVS Pharmacy to 1) pick up medicine 2) engage in some contact with the outside world. I'm sure that the employees thought I was a nutcase because I kept wandering aimlessly around the store. In all honesty, it felt so good to be out in a public place, pharmacy or not, that I was delaying my return trip to my entropy-ridden apartment.

Pharmacies are truly wonderful places. Where else can one purchase lipstick, condoms, medications, crayons, and orange juice, all in one convenient location? Ok, ok, plenty of places...but you get my point. Hooray for pharmacies!

In my period of illness, I have grown more appreciative of many things, which include (but are not limited to)
* canned soup
* kleenexes
* Freaks and Geeks- props to my friend Paps for introducing me to this wonderful, albeit short-lived program
* my cat- always an endless source of company
* breathing- I long for the days of breathing unhindered by severe congestion
* pajama pants
* all my friends here at this school, without which I would be lacking in soups, cat, and Freaks and Geeks
* Phone conversations- my connection with the outside world prevented me from becoming Jack Torrence (and props to you if you caught this movie reference!)

Time for bed, as my Tylenol Cold & Flu PM is starting to kick in. I have a test tomorrow, believe it or not, and it will be a miracle if I don't cough through the damn thing...

1 comment:

astrocero said...

is that a shining reference?
good luck and feel better