Sunday, January 15, 2006

Weekend Update

Another pleasant, if slightly bizarre weekend.

Friday night, I attended the world-famous Salt Lick Barbeque outfit. If you are in the Austin Area, I highly recommend you take a slight detour to the Salt Lick. I believe that the Kingdom of Heaven will be much like the 'Lick: an eternal feast of all-you-can-eat barbeque ribs, brisket, sausage. In Heaven, the Shiner Bock flows from an eternal stream and beer bottles are never empty. If there is no beer in heaven, I will not go! (Of course, if there is no beer in heaven, then it isn't heaven, but that is another discussion for another time.)

I also enjoyed amazing fellowship with my fellow seminarians and endured several games of Trivial Pursuit. Now, I don't mean to brag, but I tend to be one heck of a Trivial Pursuit Player, and my skills are apparently augmented after I have imbibed a few Shiner Bocks.

Today I had an opportunity to go to the opera, Shostakovich's Lady MacBeth of Mtensk, which I recommend everyone seeing at least once, simply because it was the most risque opera I have ever seen. If you want to see some gratuitious sex and violence on stage, and you don't have a strong aversion to Russian opera, then this is the opera for you.

Cat is doing well. She likes to follow me around the house, mostly because she usually wants food, but I would like to believe she follows me out of some sort feline reverence for my existence. The other day, I journeyed to the pet store, to buy kitty litter, and I ended up purchasing a couple of extraneous feline accoutrements. One of said accoutrements were these kitty treats that I purchased on a whim, only to discover that the damned things were $5.99. $5.99?!?!? I don't spend that on my own damn treats, let alone on a stupid cat. Oh, what mother I have become!

1 comment:

astrocero said...

at least the kitty didn't ask for a pony.