Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Sigh of Relief

O, Captain, my Captain, our fearful trip is done...

At long last, the goal once though impossible has been accomplished: we have navigated our little Protestant selves through the Basics of Biblical Hebrew. We can now quasi-coherently discuss the more salient aspects of Hebrew, whether it be a heated argument over the use of a direct-object marker or whether that mem-shewa is a preposition or-horrors!-a participle!

Today my heart rejoices in the beauty of winter in Austin (70 degrees!) and the simple joy of driving with my windows down, listening to the musical stylings of my personal poet-laureate, Paul Simon. I enjoyed lunch with one of my mentors and am thankful that I have such a wise, noble man to guide me as I continue this journey towards ordained ministry.

On another note: I have decided to temporarily give up the 'brew...and we're not talking Hebrew. We're talking the REAL brew,booze, because after a few days of partying like it's 1999, the thought of drinking another beer turns my stomach. So I shall give it up, albeit temporarily, and allow my body to detox. Besides, the Spring semester is looming on the horizon and I need to be in good form if I am going to last through the semester without having a nervous breakdown.

1 comment:

astrocero said...

it is 68 here.